Who will go No. 1?
It is a legitimate question heading into the 2022 NBA Draft on Thursday. For weeks, it appeared Jabari Smith Jr. was en route to becoming the No. 1 pick of the Magic. But Gonzaga’s Chet Holmgren and Duke’s Paolo Banchero remain possibilities.
The Auburn product averaged 16.9 points, 7.4 rebounds, and 2 assists per game at forward. Smith Jr. was awarded SEC Freshman of the year, named to the All-SEC first team, and was a second-team All-American after his breakout season. Smith also boasts a 42.9 field goal percentage and 42.0 three-point percentage.
Unlike last season’s draft, where Cade Cunningham was a lock to go No. 1 to the Pistons, there is much more intrigue on this night.
Holmgren averaged 14.1 points, 9.9 rebounds, and 1.9 assists per game for Gonzaga last season. What is most impressive about the Minneapolis native, though, is his 60.7 field goal percentage. At seven feet tall, his length and size make him an elite threat on both sides of the ball.
Banchero is a name that is quickly rising up the draft board. From June 12th to June 20th, the 6’9″ freshman saw went from the likely third choice to a favorite on some books to go No. 1. The Duke Blue Devils forward was named to the All-ACC first team and ACC Rookie of the Year after a strong season averaging 17.2 points, 7.8 rebounds, and 3.2 assists per game.
So in what order will we hear their names called? Here’s how to watch the 2022 NBA Draft.
Where is the 2022 NBA Draft taking place?
The 2022 NBA Draft will take place in the Barclays Center, home of the Brooklyn Nets. This will be the ninth consecutive year the draft has been held in Brooklyn.
When is the 2022 NBA Draft start?
The 2022 NBA Draft is scheduled for Thursday, June 23 at 8 p.m ET.
How can I watch the 2022 NBA Draft?
The first round of the 2022 NBA Draft will be televised on ABC and ESPN. The second round will be exclusively on ESPN.
How to stream the 2022 NBA Draft
You can also stream the NBA Draft on the WatchESPN and ABC apps on your mobile device. You can also watch the draft on ESPN.com and ABC.com.
If you do not have a cable provider, you may sign up for a free trial at Sling TV to watch the 2022 NBA Draft free of charge.
Who is the favorite to be selected first overall?
At the time of writing, Paulo Banchero is a -210 favorite to be the first off the board, according to BetMGM. Jabari Smith is sitting at +135, with Holmgren at +550. These odds have featured tons of line movement and could change drastically in the coming hours.
What is the order of the 2022 NBA Draft?
1. Orlando Magic
2. Oklahoma City Thunder
3. Houston Rockets
4. Sacramento Kings
5. Detroit Pistons
6. Indiana Pacers
7. Portland Trail Blazers
8. New Orleans Pelicans (from Los Angeles Lakers)
9. San Antonio Spurs
10. Washington Wizards
11. New York Knicks
12. Oklahoma City Thunder (from LA Clippers)
13. Charlotte Hornets
14. Cleveland Cavaliers
15. Charlotte Hornets (from New Orleans)
16. Atlanta Hawks
17. Houston Rockets (from Brooklyn)
18. Chicago Bulls
19. Minnesota Timberwolves
20. San Antonio Spurs (from Toronto)
21. Denver Nuggets
22. Memphis Grizzlies (from Utah)
23. Philadelphia 76ers
24. Milwaukee Bucks
25. San Antonio Spurs (from Boston)
26. Houston Rockets (from Dallas)
27. Miami Heat
28. Golden State Warriors
29. Memphis Grizzlies
30. Oklahoma City Thunder (from Phoenix)
31. Indiana Pacers (from Houston via Cleveland)
32. Orlando Magic
33. Toronto Raptors (from Detroit via San Antonio, Washington and Chicago)
34. Oklahoma City Thunder
35. Orlando Magic (from Indiana via Milwaukee)
36. Detroit Pistons (from Portland)
37. Sacramento Kings
38. San Antonio Spurs (from Los Angeles Lakers via Chicago and Washington)
39. Cleveland Cavaliers (from San Antonio via Utah)
40. Minnesota Timberwolves (from Washington via Cleveland)
41. New Orleans Pelicans
42. New York Knicks
43. Los Angeles Clippers
44. Atlanta Hawks
45. Charlotte Hornets
46. Portland Trail Blazers (from Detroit via Brooklyn)
47. Memphis (from Cleveland via New Orleans and Atlanta)
48. Minnesota Timberwolves
49. Sacramento Kings (from Chicago via Memphis and Detroit)
50. Minnesota Timberwolves (from Denver via Philadelphia)
51. Golden State Warriors (from Toronto via Philadelphia)
52. New Orleans Pelicans (from Utah)
53. Boston Celtics
— Milwaukee (forfeited)
— Miami (from Philadelphia via Denver; forfeited by Miami)
54. Washington (from Dallas)
55. Golden State Warriors
56. Cleveland Cavaliers (from Miami via Indiana)
57. Portland Trail Blazers (from Memphis via Utah)
58. Indiana Pacers (from Phoenix)